Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international trader and distributor of specialized commodities looking to hire a Strategic Metals Trader to join the team in Europe.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Trading physical metals (including Nickel, Cobalt, Molybdenum, Tantalum, Tungsten, Niobium, Hafnium, Titanium, Ferroalloys, Rare Earth Elements, Intermediates, Oxides and Nickel / Cobalt super-alloys)
- Build the current portfolio to maximize the return on equity, managing every aspect of the physical trading book to leverage hedge fund positional needs (with ¼ time being spent on developing European book)
- Utilising current business (arbitrage, pricing risk and credit) to enhance management of all physical trading book
- Analyse and report on economic trends daily, weekly and monthly to assess the risks within the metals market and strategize opportunities for long-term, short-term and spot trading
- Role reports to the president
Key Qualifications / Experience
- 10+ years’ experience trading relevant metals (such as Nickel, Cobalt, Molybdenum, Tantalum, Tungsten, Niobium, Hafnium, Titanium, Ferroalloys, Rare Earth Elements, Intermediates, Oxides and Nickel / Cobalt super-alloys)
- Wide client base / portfolio with a regarded reputation alongside it
- Excellent understanding of relevant trade techniques, including nickel and cobalt offset markets
- Flexibility to travel as required with a global understanding of culture
- Role can be located anywhere in Europe